In consideration of the services of Circus Kid Productions and New Jersey Circus Center, and its agents, owners, officers, volunteers, participants, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as CKP/NJCC), hereby agree to release, indemnify and discharge CKP/NJCC on behalf of myself, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that my participation in acrobatics, Spanish web, rope, tissue, single trapeze, double trapeze, tightwire and all other activities that are taught at CKP/NJCC or by CKP/NJCC employees at any offsite location (hereinafter referred to as “Circus Activities”), subject the participant to danger, and that this risk cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the Circus Activities. Without a certain degree of risk, Circus Activities students would not improve their skills and the enjoyment of the sport would be diminished. Circus Activities expose its participants to the usual risk of cuts and bruises. However, more serious risks exist as well. Participants can fall off equipment, sprain or break limbs, and can suffer more serious injuries, and even death. Circus Activities take place in a circus school, gym and performance environment in which there are tripping and falling hazards and hazards from moving athletic equipment and energized and active construction and maintenance equipment and facilities construction materials with sharp edges and dust and splinter hazards. In any event, if you are injured, you may require medical assistance, which you will have to pay for at your own expense.
Furthermore, CKP/NJCC employees have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of a participant’s fitness or abilities. They may give incomplete warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in Circus Activities. I am fully informed and understand that the risks, hazards and dangers include the risk of serious bodily injury, including permanent disability, paralysis and death, as well as damage to property. I engage in these activities voluntarily and at my own risk.
3. Instruction in Circus Activities requires that the participants are touched by the instructors in order to demonstrate correct procedure, correct form, or in order to prevent an unsafe act. I expressly acknowledge that I will be touched by instructors and consent to touching as part of the instruction at CKP/NJCC.
4. I hereby voluntarily release, waive, forever discharge, covenant not to sue, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless CKP/NJCC from any and all claims, demands or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in Circus Activities or my use of CKP/NJCC equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of CKP/NJCC or failure of its equipment.
5. Should CKP/NJCC or anyone acting on their behalf be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
6. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am of sufficient physical and mental condition to participate in Circus Activities and I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have.
7. Photos may be taken during the party, class, workshop or event and we would like to be able to share them on our website, Facebook, Instagram, and around our school. We will never post a participant’s name or tag someone in a photo as a strict policy.
Back to the top